The Guide to the Racing Rules of Sailing
The ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing with Quizzes, Definitions and Signal Flags
You-Tack! is the first iPhone app to offer the official ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing with: Illustrations, Rules, Rules Comments, 3D Animated Quizzes with an answer review Scoreboard, all the Racing Signals with detailed descriptions, and Definitions with Illustrations.
It's easy to use, with cross-links between the rules and definitions. Test your knowledge in various Call Book real Quiz situations, track the rules you're unsure of, and keep them in your Favorites folder, so you can quickly brush up before the next race, or when it's over, on the club porch.
You-Tack! Lite contains all of the functionality found in You-Tack! Pro, but not all of the content. As a racing sailor, You-Tack! Lite should meet many of your needs. It is designed to display some of the Rules and a few 3D Animated Quizzes, with all of the Signals & the Official ISAF Definitions. If you need the complete RRS (the Racing Rules of Sailing), or would like to test your racing knowledge with all of the 42 Quizzes, please consider purchasing You-Tack! Pro.
- The rules are the official rules from The International Sailing Association Federation, current to January 2010, as printed in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2009 - 2012 (RRS). In You-Tack! Lite only the rules in Part 1 and Part 2 section A are available.
- Within each Rule there are hyperlinks to other noted Rules and Definitions, along with brief explanations of each rule, and some illustrations.
- Add any rule to your Favorites list for quick reference.
- You-Tack! Lite contains two quiz questions for your enjoyment.
- In You-Tack! Pro there are 7 quiz categories, each with 6 quizzes:
The Start; Sailing Upwind; The Upwind Mark; Sailing Downwind; The Downwind Mark; The Finish; Signals
- Each quiz has a Situation, a Question, an Illustration, and a 3D animation. Answer the quiz and find out if you're right or wrong, and then review the rationale behind each answer.
- Tap anywhere on the quiz illustration to view and play the 3D Animation.
- Check the Rules relating to each Quiz: After you answer the quiz question, select References to view the Rules and Definitions that figure in the decision.
- A Scoreboard in the Quiz section keeps track of your answers, so you
can see how many quizzes you answered correctly and which Rules to Review you need to brush up on. Select Reset Scores to clear the Scoreboard and restart the quizzes.
- The quizzes are taken from the The International Sailing Association Federation CASE BOOK for 2009-2012, which consists of the authoritative worldwide interpretations of the Racing Rules of Sailing ("RRS"); and from The Royal Yachting Association Case Book for 2009-2012, which contains the final decisions on appeals brought before the RYA.
- All the official ISAF racing signals are illustrated, with explanations.
- All the International Code Flags are also illustrated.
Only the official ISAF Definitions of terms used in the RRS are
listed, with illustrations appended to the most significant
definitions. get the app here